Do you plan to move to Auckland? Are you moving houses within Auckland? Are you planning to move into an apartment in the city? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then read on to understand how you can make your move painless and seamless. Moving houses need not be a high-stress process if it planned and executed well. Moving companies in Auckland can ensure that you have an easy move.
How Easy Is It To Move Houses In Auckland?
The short answer is, very easy. Auckland has a large number of packing and moving companies that have been around for a long time and have years of experience moving houses locally, national, and internationally. There are some exceptional local moving companies that can make your move seamless and smooth. With an increasing number of apartments coming up in the city, there has been a lot of movement of people and possessions in recent years.
Restrictions On Apartment Deliveries In Auckland
If you are moving into an apartment in the Auckland area, you should know that most apartments have restrictions on package deliveries, which means you will have to plan the deliveries your movers make to avoid problems.
- A body corporate is a rule-making body consisting of all the apartment owners within a building that decides on what is accepted and not accepted in that particular building. Before you move, you need to check if there are any specific restrictions the building you are moving into has so your move can be planned accordingly.
- If there are restrictions on large vehicles entering the residential area or the building to which you are moving, ensure that you plan and inform the moving company accordingly. You might need the moving company to use multiple smaller vehicles instead of a big delivery truck to deliver your possessions.
- Ensure that you plan your move such that you do not block entry and exit gates for other apartment owners in the building. You can do a recce of the building before the movers arrive so you know where they can park and unload. This is especially important if you are moving to a building with limited space for large vehicles.
Packing Right For Apartment Deliveries In Auckland
If you are moving to an apartment in Auckland, there are a few things you need to remember while packing your possessions:
- If you are moving from a house to an apartment in Auckland, you may need to reduce the amount of stuff you have and move. Your apartment may not fit everything that you had in your house, especially outdoor furniture. You can sell these off in a garage sale or give them away to charity.
- If you are packing by yourself, start by getting boxes in various sizes for all your possessions, from furniture to glassware. Along with boxes, you should order packing material, especially if you have a lot of delicate and brittle items like glassware and china to pack. Moving companies usually sell these materials through their websites. You should be packed and ready to move at least a week before the actual date of moving.
- Whether you are packing for yourself or hiring a moving company, ensure that all your possessions are packed as compactly as possible to avoid problems with getting them inside your new apartment.
Tips For Moving Houses Without Hassles
These are a few general packing and moving tips that will make the move easier for you and your pets, if you have any.
- Book a packing and moving company well in advance and let them know if you have any specific requirements.
- Plan your move well using multiple checklists so that there is no confusion on the day you move.
- Notify water, power, and utility companies to disconnect your services a few weeks before you actually move out to your new apartment. Cancel subscriptions and services that you may have at your old house or apartment well before you move.
- If you choose to pack on your own, ensure that delicate items like glassware are packed with a good amount of cushioning.
- If you have pets of vehicles to move, ensure that you book a moving company that handles these.
- Have a box ready for you to carry with some essentials that you will need for a day or two before your possessions are delivered to and unpacked in the new apartment.
- Get your new apartment ready for your pets before they are brought to the new apartment to help them settle easily.
Ensure that the moving company you hire knows the restrictions in your apartment so that your move is smooth and there are no complications in the process. A good moving company in Auckland is easy to find and can make your life easier when moving houses.