Do you live in central Auckland, at the heart of all the business and activity in the city? Are you getting tired of the traffic, noise, and hustle and bustle of the place? Do you want someplace calm to move to, but a place that is also close to all the activity of the city? Do you fancy living near the beach? If you answered yes to these, then Orewa might be a town you should consider moving to from central Auckland.
A few basics about Orewa
Orewa is a small town north of central Auckland. It is a prime tourist hub and sees a constant footfall of tourists as well as people moving there from other parts of the country. Being close to the city adds to the popularity of this town, making it one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
Orewa is just 40 kilometres away from central Auckland, past the city’s harbour bridge. The town extends inland from the 3-kilometre-long Orewa beach. There are a number of stay and living options in the town, from seaside hotels to beachside homes and eco-friendly homes.
As people have started moving into the town instead of just visiting, schools, play areas for kids, parks, and outdoor activities have been developed and have grown over the past few years. The town now boasts of a good mix of people, from youngsters and young couples to families and retired people.
Moving options from central Auckland to Orewa
If you are thinking of moving to Orewa, here are a few options you can consider for moving:
- Moving companies in Auckland: There are a number of good moving companies in Auckland and Orewa that you can hire to move to Orewa. These companies not only help you move your belongings, they will also pack and unpack all your furniture and other belongings for you so that you can concentrate on making your family, kids, and pets comfortable during the move. One such company is Easy Move Furniture Removals.
- Backload moving: If you have a tight budget for moving or do not wish to spend a lot on the move, you can consider backload moving. Backload moving refers to using moving company vehicles returning empty after a move. As there are a lot of people moving in and out of Orewa, it should be relatively easy to find a moving company that has backload moving options for you from central Auckland to Orewa.
- Man with a van: If you do not have a lot of belongings to move and are comfortable packing, loading, and unloading your belongings on your own, then you can consider this option. A similar option is where you can hire one large vehicle with two people, so you get some help loading and unloading your belongings.
- Courier services: This is a great idea for moving important documents or other small items that might be at risk of getting damaged or lost during a move. You can opt for a signed or unsigned courier based on how important those belongings are to you. You can courier the items such that they will reach you once you are in your new home in Orewa and have settled down a bit.
- Specialized moving companies: There are a number of such companies in Orewa and Auckland. These moving companies help move antiques, artwork, glass and other delicate items safely from one place to another. These moving companies provide personnel experienced and knowledgeable in handling expensive and delicate items and packing and moving them safely.
Why you should consider moving to Orewa
If you still have any lingering doubts about moving to Orewa, here are a few points for you to consider that might help you decide on moving:
- Laidback seaside living: Living next to the sea has been known to reduce stress and induce relaxation. Enjoying the sea breeze at the end of the day from the comfort of your home can be rejuvenating and can improve your health and well-being.
- Water sports and outdoor activities: The town has a lot of activities for you and your kids. Water activities include surfing, kayaking, swimming, and more. Other outdoor activities you can indulge in include golfing, trail hiking in the nearby parks, shopping, going on wine trails, and much more. The town has options for everyone.
- Away from city traffic and noise: Even if you work in the main Auckland city, you can get away from the traffic, noise, and chaos of the city every day when you get back home to Orewa. You get to be in a calm, tranquil place that allows you to rest and relax.
- Good schools and safe play areas: The town has a number of good elementary schools, play areas for kids and is generally safe for kids as there isn’t much traffic or crowd. There are a number of easy trails where you can take your kids to experience the outdoors.